Baby shower help....expecting twins!!

Is is wrong to throw my own babyshower??

I have a 3 year old girl and we are 7 months prego with twins --1 boy and 1 girl!. Since my toddler is older, I have no baby stuff to start with again.

Is it wierd to have the baby shower co-ed since a lot of my friends have their significant others as well??

I would want to plan for January but have a lot of mixed opinions about it.
HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Do it! People want to celebrate with you and everyone likes babies.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Don't throw your own shower. If you have friends or relatives who would do it for you I think that would be much better. Co-ed is fine, but if you are already 7 months with twins you may want to try for after the babies are born - you will be miserable by January. If no one volunteers to do a shower for you you might consider having a party to welcome the babies after they are born, though I wouldn't suggest that without help either as the first few months with twins is exhausting. No matter what I wouldn't rely on a shower providing you with all the necessities, because even though that's what you need people will be compelled to buy you cute coordinating outfits and other non-essentials.

I have boy/girl twins and an older child. I did have a co-ed family baby shower/cook-out that was put together by my aunt and a cousin, and it was very nice.

Congrats & good luck!

Anonymous

• Coed showers are fun! But I wouldn't throw my own shower. 3 years isn't a long time and people probably expect that you still have most of your stuff from your first. If you have friends who WANT to do a shower for you, then that's nice and would probably help out a lot, but throwing your own is like asking for gifts!

Answer by missanc at 2:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I am so uncomfortable with showers in general. We did not have any, I do not like the feeling of "gift grab" parties.

After our baby was born, we invited the people we love over for brunch and to meet our new family member.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think you should do it, I waited around for my shower and at the last minute it was cancelled so at 9 months pregnant I had to run around and get all the things the baby would need so I would hate for you to have to go through that so either ask a relative to do it for you but always keep plan b just in case something goes wrong but if no one can do I say do it yourself definitely
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 7:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2009