Family Vacation for under $ 1000.00.. Ideas??

We have two adults and 3 kids.. one is an infant.. where could we go and what could we do.. any idea.. we live in nc, but will travel...

TaiM

Asked by TaiM at 2:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Great Wolf Lodge. Not sure how much fun it would be for an infant, but it's great for preschool, elementary age kids and they have one right there in Concord!

Answer by missanc at 3:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I agree! I live not too far from it! It's pretty pricey though....the cheapest average nightly rate was $189. I like to visit Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN. They have alot of tourist attractions!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• We're in GA (we're neighbors!) and we drive down to Savannah and go to Tybee Island. It's inexpensive and very nice. The water isn't as blue as the tropics, but hey, ocean is ocean to kids. And they love it. We stayed in a an apartment on the beach for 4 nights for just under $500. The gas was close to $200, but we drove around a bit for dinners and sight seeing. Also, I believe NC has some great islands right? Or is that SC I'm thinking about. Either way, it's all driving distance. TN is great during this time of year, there's Dollywood! Have fun!
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 1:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Awesome. thanks that great wolf lodge looks cool..
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 11:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• when do you want to go? right now there is no season for ocean, but we went to Virgina Beach (Ft Story) it was great. We also love Myrtle Beach. Right now Great Wolf Louge would be good, because it is water and it is indoor. It is kind of expensive though. I want to go to the mountains and the winner would be Hot Springs in NC. there is also the website where you can find all the places with military discount. Let me ask my hubby what was the website. I forgot
    Agadaria

Answer by Agadaria at 3:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• we LOVE great wolf I have two boys ages 5 and 2 we go often! (infact we're going next weekend lol) soooo much fun!!! I also like Ocean Isle beach in NC a quiet town with fun stuff, Myrtle beach is always fun, isn't there a zoo somehwere here too lol
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 2:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2009