Constipated 19 month old

My son has been constipated on and off for almost a week now. I've tried to increase his fiber as much as possible, but since he is allergic to wheat it has been somewhat of a challenge. So far I've been giving him a lot of fruits and vegetables and trying to avoid dairy as much as possible. He went to the doctor a couple days ago, follow-up to make sure his ear infection had cleared up, and she said to just up the fiber and give plenty of fluids, which I have been doing. Any recommendations on things I can give him to help?

Rachael420

Asked by Rachael420 at 2:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No meat or dairy or bananas. Lots of water. Fruits and vegetables. Whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, etc. legumes like beans, tofu, lentils, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• v-8 Fusion juice. Makes my son go EVERY time. ha. it will take a while and won't work right away, but when it does- it does!!!

Good luck!!!
    john2007

Answer by john2007 at 7:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• karo syrup mixed with water, if hes going just a lil id would try to wait it out or maybe give him some jar prunes
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 8:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009