Selling foodstamps for cash: Do you know anyone who has done this or have you done this?

Personally, I've known a couple women that I worked with-yes worked-and it was under the table at a little family restaurant, who would do this so they could get their nails and hair done, and I never understood it. Now I find myself needing public assistance, and I just don't see why anyone would abuse the system. It makes those of us who REALLY need assistance look really bad!

DreamingOfMyDay

Asked by DreamingOfMyDay at 2:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• Never been on food stamps, but my father's wife is a PA investigator ( I don't know what her official title is, but you get it) so if she has a job you know there must be a lot of scammers.

Anonymous

• oh and if YOU think that's dispicable there are these people that come to the Red cross for help with paying their bills, well they pull up to the office in Escalades or new Nissans wtf even I am not driving a new car.

Anonymous

• yes to buy dog food...
    Anonymous