Am I to Young?

I've been considering being a foster parent. But I'm only 19 and my husband is 20. We have a 10 1/2 month old and I'm so baby crazy I've considered joining a foster parent program. But in your opinion are we to young to jump into this? My husband is on the fence about it... more on the not doing it side but i'm still curious..

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 2:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Adoption

• I dont think so. Im 20 and my hubby is 18. We have a baby and I want another one, but there is so many children that need parents already. When he gets back from deployment we are going to be foster parents.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 2:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't think you are too young but call the Foster Program and ask. It might be different ages in different states.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If you are financially stable and well-adjusted, I think they prefer young parents. I would say if it is weighing on your heart, then maybe there is a reason for that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think that it could be a stage. Most likelly they will decline your request because of age and the fact that there is no agreement between you and your husband on the subject. Give it a try and see what happens when and if you change your mind.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Why don't you finish your education and get a good jump on your retirement savings and a college fund for your child, before you bring another child into your home?

Answer by rkoloms at 3:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It doesn't matter what any of us think. Check with your local foster care agency.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 3:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009