How do I get my 4 month old to sleep through her sleep cycles? She's only sleeping 45 minutes at a time.

A couple months ago it was great! She'd only wake up a couple times a night and she'd take good naps. Now we're all having problems with her sleeping. I use the 5 S's from Happiest baby on the block....

P33kab00

Asked by P33kab00 at 3:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Four months is teething time...and most methods just go out the window.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Is she full on screaming or just fussing? One of my kids had a specific cry for about a minute during the middle of his sleeping. It was crazy. He'd full on scream but be back asleep by the time I got across the house. Another would just fuss for a few minutes then go back to sleep.

All three of mine also had problems when they were ready to learn new skills. I think the worst was just before crawling. I think they were just venting their frustrations while they slept.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I agree with the pp's - teething and other milestones made for LOOONG nights in my house . If you think she's teething, talk to your pedi about giving her 1 dose of tylenol at night right before bed for a week or so, until the worst is over. You can also try teething tablets - I have friends who felt they did nothing, but they worked like a charm with both of my kids.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 4:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009