tax question...

im a first time single mom... so i have been doing my taxes every year but as single and i guess this will be my first time including my dd thats 7 months how much does usually somebody get in return on your taxes when you have a child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• It all depends on the state you live in.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i live in tx.
    Anonymous

• it depends on where you live, how much you make, how much you had taken out in taxes, etc. A lot of factors weigh in.

Answer by missanc at 3:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Google "2009 Tax Refund Calculator." Check out some of the links and use them. Remember that they're not set-in-stone amounts, but you can get a good idea of the amount you'll get back or have to pay. I've used TaxBrain's or H & R Block's calculators.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• There are a lot of variables. We cannot even give you a ball park amount.
    It will depend on your income, your taxes withheld, the earned income credit for your income bracket, your additional child tax credit amount, your actual taxes due for your income bracket, your daycare expense credits. There's so many factors.

You can play with the 2009 Tax Refund Calculator and your estimated income for the year based on your current earnings plus your future December pays, but that will not give you an accurate amount.
    Anonymous