sharing rooms

I just read on here a question and the person said that her thriteen year old boy and girl twins share a room...anyone else think this is wrong? is it iilegal (sp?) in any states

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• omg really? no it's not illegal...if they want to then i don't see a problem with it, now i wouldn't want my 13 y/o twins in the same bed but if they wantesd to share a room then so what?!
    Anonymous

• 13 is a little to old for sharing a room- if they aren't the same sex
    Anonymous

• I think 13 is too old for a boy and girl to be sharing a room, but I don't think it's illegal unless they are foster children.

Answer by missanc at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Sometimes people can't afford bigger houses. Would you rather one of the children sleep on the couch?
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 3:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Im sure they can make it work where the kids have some privacy. not sure if it is illegal butin my opinion it shouldnt be. They may get dressed in the bathroom and that is the only reason they would need to be separated. They are the same age so that make it more acceptable IMO. They are twins so they may be very close and enjoy chatting before falling asleep or doing homework together. I agree it may sound strange, but it is probably an innocent situation that has come from a little house.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• yeah.. my girls share a room but their little.. i wouldnt let her share a room with any boy even her brother at that age..way to old... i wouldnt even share a hotel bed with my brother past the age of 6... i know they arent in the same bed but hes going through changes and so is she.. i just so dont think thats ok.. its legal but it bothers me a bit
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 3:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I know that in IL that would be illegal. You are suppose to seperate boys and girls by the time they are 6 I think. I can't remember but I do know it's illegal because my younger brother and sister and twins and they shared a room untill they were 4 and then somebody called child services on my parents because of them sharing a room. That's when we found out they could untill the age 6.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My children shared a room till my daughter turned 12, my son was 5 yo then...any older or both of them closer to each other in age, I don't think would be a really good idea, partly because they would both want their privacy by then. Juggalette, somebody actually called child services because your parents had 4 yo twins in the same room?!? That's insane!
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It's not illegal in any state for kids of the opposite sex to share a room. Those rules you read about are for kids in the foster system, children that have been abused and under CPS watch and some housing authorities have those rules. There are NO state laws against sharing bedrooms. I live in IL and my 9yo dd, 8yo son and 7yo dd all share one room.
    It used to be common for kids of the opposite sex to share a room until they moved out of the house.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I wish I was joking but somebody did call and that is what the worker came out and told them. I never heard a law saying that but my parents decided not to chance it and had them in diffrent rooms by the age of 5.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009