Does it bother you that the media portrays marriage/having children as a walk in the park?

I was watching the Kardashian wedding episode (I know, total trash, but I was home alone and so bored and wanted to watch trash) and it really bothered me how it portrayed her marriage and the other sister's Courteney's pregnancy. Marriage and pregnancy are not like shopping or getting manicures. There are real consequences to both and both are def. not easy and harmless. Now that I am a married mother I know for a fact, how trying both can be. I hate that the media portrays both like they are so easy. All movies always end with the couple riding off into the sunset, or the couple and their baby blissfully kissing in the hospital. They don't show the real shit that goes down! This scares me to think my daughter will one day watch this stuff and think that she can do this willy nilly! It must be why the divorce rate is so high!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Your marriage and those marriages around here will be more of an example than anything on TV. The TV version of marriage can't be any worse for our kids than the old 'Happily Ever After' stories. I would just be careful about what she watches until she's old enough to discuss how real relationships work. They really do listen to us.
    Anonymous