How many of you have been through this?

I don't know what's wrong with me lately, but for the past month...or longer, I just can't make myself clean. I'll do some laundry, and some little things, but I just don't feel like keeping the house up. I feel overwhelmed with it, and I have a toddler who can definitely make a mess. I don't know what to do. I try to make myself clean, and I still can't seem to keep the house up to looking tidy. It's not filthy, but it's definitely messy. any pointers or ideas? BTW, I'm not depressed or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• ok, so I don't know if your depressed, but I am...and I have the same problem. I can't and don't want to keep the house up like a used to...
    I'm lazy, and lazy is a form of depression.
    Anonymous

• When I get like that I start recruiting help from the family and try to turn it into a game. I turn my radio onto something that I can dance to and dance around while I clean and play with my boys at the same time. It really helps when you just don't want to clean.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Are you girls me? (talking)

OMG! I wonder what else could it be I am the same way I don't feel like doing a thing (sometimes) the only the reason I do it is bc it has to be done...lol or else I would do less...lol It can't b depression bc when there is something fun to do I do it...lol
    Like stay on the computer with you ladies...lol
    But I do have to keep up some how even though it doesn't look it I still do it and I have to keep up with pleasing my man...sometimes I just want to go to sleep....I know I am not alone on this one...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i know latly i only do the bare nessessities and if someone wants to help and pick up the slack they can. hahah never happends. we live out of laundry baskets. and wash what needs to be. dishes are always in the dishwasher i manage to sweep everyday. but besides that im soo overwhelmed with work and the kids and this preggnancy.but dont worry i dont think this is anything to be concerned about. just do what you can when you can. give yourself a break.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• With 3 boys and 3 dogs, I'm constantly cleaning... So I enlisted our boys, they all have chores and it takes some of the burden off of me.. They only have one chore after school, when their homework is finished. That one chore is one less I have to worry about, and it helps keep our house in order. They also have to have their room cleaned up before bed, or no story.. That's how we do it, maybe try it. Make it age appropriate.. Don't be so hard on yourself, like I always say, it will be there when I get to it!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 4:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I have been feeling completely overwhelmed so haven't been doing much. So today I kicked my own a$$ and got some things done. I started with the dishes and then the clean laundry in the basket. And ran some errands, wanting to get them done before it started raining was a good motivator. I have a toddler to. I have her and her older sister clean up the toys at just before bed, so at least I can relax a bit before the day starts again. And I think I am going to cook dinner, for me a major thing. So I suggest in the morning have a goal of getting one chore done. After or during nap time get another done. At night start teaching your toddler to pick up. With my 2 year old we started at 12-18 months I would point to something and walk her to were in belongs and tell her to put in. Now at 2 I can tell her to pick something up and tell her to put it away. As you get things done you might get on a roll and do more.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Oh and check out the Non-Domestic Goddess group. We are a welcoming and accepting group for all those with Domestic challenges.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 4:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Girls,

I get like this at times i clean straight almost 6 hrs a day for 12 days because my hubby works 12 days then on his four day's off i let the house chores add up because it gives me something to do when he is gone, But I also do little things, Like for instance my kid's empty their plates into the trash and then put their dirty dishes from breakfest, lunch or dinner in the sink, They keep their room's picked up and they are also made to put their dirty clothes in the laundry room i think little things like that help out alot, But my kids are 4,6,7 and i do believe kid's need to have some chores, My hubby starts back to work tomorrow for 12 day's my house isnt dirty, but i have atleast 5 load's of laundry to put away and some dusting to get done, BUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE :)
    WvMommyof3

Answer by WvMommyof3 at 4:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I go through cycles like this. Sometimes I'm right on top of everything. I fold laundry as soon as it's out of the dryer, wash dishes after every meal, sweep and mop the whole house in one afternoon, etc. Other times I get the basics done and call it a day.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• You sound like me..I LOVE cleaning but lately, I have had NO ambition whatsoever - I hate slacking like this! I do get some things done each day but I used to do that AND deep clean the house once a week..I miss it.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 4:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2009