How did you pick your childs preschool?

what were the deciding factors? distance from home? cost? Are you happy with yours?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 4:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I went by recommendations and research, but mostly it was a gut feeling while interviewing the schools. My kids went to a daycare before we moved which was for ages 0-4, I LOVED it and so did they...the owner is such a wonderful person that she immediately made me feel comfortable leaving my kids with her and her staff - which, btw were all certified in a variety of things and screened with the FBI, also I agreed with all their philosphies re: positive reinforcement, discipline, potty training, etc. I was heartbroken to move them out, but my DD was approaching 4 anyway... I moved them to a school that is a bit more structured than the daycare, which makes sense as they get older, its more preschool environment than daycare environment. I chose that school again, based on recommendations and after you visit a few, you just know which feels right to you. Good luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Our son if visually impaired, so he started school when he was 2, he went to the School for the Deaf and Blind. I didn't put my daughter in pre-school at all. Deciding factors for me was cost and distance.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 4:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• education of staff
    staff turnover
    curriculum
    class size
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My daughter's playgroup has a list of reputable preschools in my area. Ask around with parents that you have things in common with and ones who you respect their parenting skills. We all know there are some run of the mill preschools! Go visit them and ask questions. One being if the school keeps the doors locked and how they handle discipline. Any school that provides a daily schedule in my opinion is a good one. We are now on the waiting list for my daughter's preschool It's a year and a half.
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 4:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2009