I want to get my nose pierced....

I am turning 28 in a few weeks and really want to get my nose pierced for my Birthday. I am a Mother of 3 and volunteer at school and help out at Church during Sunday school. I want a tiny stud and nothing big and super noticeable. But my Husband says it's tacky and since I volunteer he says it will look bad to Teachers and Church staff. He wants me to get a quarter sleeve tattoo and thinks their super sexy but not my nose pierced (I don't get it). He's not stopping me and wants me to do what makes me happy and I have wanted it for so long and think I have the perfect nose for it. So how many Mom's have one??? And if you don't what do you think when you see someone with one.

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 4:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have had mine peirced for about 22 years...I love it :)
    my husband doesn't love it-but it was there when I met him and still is ;) * I DID take it out for our wedding because my mother asked me to...and have taken it out for work when they make me but that's it really
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't have a problem with anybody getting anything pierced or tattooed. I know this is going to sound stupid but everytime I see somebody with a nose piercing I can't help but thing about what happens when they have the stud out of it and they have a runny nose. I keep on getting a visual in my head of snot running out of the hole from the piercing. I'm sorry I know that it's stupid for me to even think about it but for some reason that is what runs through my head.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I used to but I took it out about 6 years ago when everyone was doing it. For what it's worth, two of my coworkers have them and they are both women over 50 and we work in a pretty conservative, government office! I say, go for it. My husband also hates facial piercings, but if I really wanted to get pierced, I would. Sometimes they just can't picture what it would look like until you have it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• *when you have a cold or something you jsut take it out...and no-snot does not run out of the hole ;) hehe
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• LMAO @ snot hole... rotfl

seriously, if you want to, go for it. piercings and tats in general are becoming much more acceptable. if you ever decide to get a tat though, keep it above the cuff! i've lost out on a lot of job opportunities because of company policies regarding tattoos... just another form of discrimination. *sigh*
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I think they're okay. I'd probably never get one though b/c if you change your mind and take it out, the hole might look like a giant blackhead. idk, I regret getting 3 holes in my ear b/c they never healed. I still have the holes 15 years later! Guess I'm just afraid of anything too permanent b/c I change my look so often.  I don't ever have any initial thoughts or anything when I see a nose pierced. 

kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• dont have one
    even in the most formal of settings if someone has a small stud it doesnt seem to bother any one I am around.
    My mom even has her eye brow pierced and she has a small gem in it now, since she got it when she was 22, and the skin is completly healed so if she were to remove the piercing it would leave a whole/scar type of look. so keep that in mind.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 4:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Well if you promise to make it a very small stud like a speck of glitter just kidding...lol
    I am sure there are really small jewels like studs you can get away with it. If that is what you want do it...
    I am 40 something and got my belly pierced for sexual reasons...lol My dh wanted me to and I liked it it is for his eyes only anyway. So do whatever floats your boat. Have Fun! I know I am....hehehe
    Anonymous

• Nose piercings do not leave the same scar as an eyebrow. I had my nose pierced for several years and the whole is basically indetectable. Eyebrows do leave a big scar, so I would never do that.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't have my nose pierced, (at 45 I think I'm way too old) but My 25 yr old daughter does & I think it is so cute. It's a very tiny diamond & she has a cute little nose. She is very active in church as a worship leader, as well as a pastoral intern & no one has a problem with it. She also has a little star tattoo on the top of her foot between her big toe & the second toe.

I think big tattoos look trashy on women when they are very visible. I don't really mind them if they are small, & kind of out of the way, I just think the bigger they are the trashier they look. Especially when they're wearing a dress... that's JMO though, If women have them, It doesn't bother me cuz it's not my business & I figure if I don't like it, I just won't get one!! My sister & most of my friends have tattoos and various piercings & it doesn't change the fact that I love them and accept them. If you want your nose pierced, I say do it!
    BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 4:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2009