Does anyone else feel like this?

I am use to working and since my job put me on leave I am always so aggrivated. I cant stand anyone anymore and sometimes my 18 month old gets me so upset i just want to go sit in a corner and cry.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have in the past. I work and i find that is gives me routine and satisfaction. At home all the time it is hard to see that you have gotten anything completed and some of the work isnt rewarding. Maybe you can find out what you are lacking when you arent working and try to fulfill it in another way: it may be routine, job satisfaction, seeing tasks completed, time away from kids, adult conversation.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Yes, i completely understand. I had to stop working/going to school because of a disability. So i stay home with my 3 yr old son who has ADHD. It got so bad for me and one time i went to see my doctor, and in tears, i told her that sitting in the doctors office was like a 'break' for me. and i was shaking. i felt like my nerves were going bad. she put me on some medication for depression/anxiety. but nothing that would prevent me from caring for my son. and it made a world of difference. it is still stressful, but i no longer take the medication. it helps that my husband is caring and gives me a break every now and then by taking our son outside while he does yard work, or runs errands. But it sounds like something has to be done for you to keep it together, you don't want to take it out on your baby.
    MirandaLacy

Answer by MirandaLacy at 5:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Are you job hunting?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• No Im not job hunting. I am a manager at a Walmart so I have a great job its just i cant do the things my job requires of me. So i cant go back til after I have the baby.
    twogirls2010

Answer by twogirls2010 at 1:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2009