i dont get the concept of the movie "Happy Feet"

Care to explain?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I usually watch a movie twice to make sure I did not miss anything but I did love all that music...
    Anonymous

• OP here, we have the movie. i dont like it, its boring and i just dont get it the concept. IMO waste of money on making a penguin movie that talk english and only dance lol. I just dont like weird movies.
    Anonymous

• All the pinguins could sing except the one (main character) he on the other hand could dance. He wasn't accepted by his colony because he was different. The end :)
    hazeleyezmama07

Answer by hazeleyezmama07 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• op here, haha thanks
    Anonymous

• I jsut watched it today...and once was enough for me! yes-it's about a penguin who is "different" and all the stuff he deals with because of it and in the end he saves the day...
    The music kinda annoyed me and some of the other stuff- it seemed to me like there was a sort of religion thing going on that I didn't like...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• OP again

* charlotsomtimes- what part looked religious? Im not religious at all, im actually wiccan so if it was then we aint watching it again lol
    Anonymous

• I also think that they are sending a message about how us humans are killing off animals.
    Anonymous

• It is ok to be different is what I got out of it

Answer by admckenzie at 5:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I can't really explain it well...to me wehn they are all gathered to listen to the "leader guys" it jsut sort of reminded me of church in a way....we will get through this if we stick together and all that and how they treated him-- I dunno, it's probably jsut me - it wasn't anything specific and it was jsut a couple parts of the movie. *like I said It's probably just me since I can't really put my finger on it...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• ' In the beginning, it’s a lovable yet strangely New Age-y penguin musical, with cuddly characters and a predictable yet totally acceptable plot. But then things get really strange. The cute characters and fun (though a little bit odd) musical numbers fade away, and they’re replaced with heavy religious and political undertones. Mumble goes on a serious journey (with his previously far-from-serious new friends) to find himself—and to save his fellow penguins from the consequences of human greed. The second half of the movie is a downer' from here: http://www.nightsandweekends.com/articles/06/NW0600517.php

I guess I am not alone here...I jsut looked up : religious undertones Happy Feet, and got a list of sites...

charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:33 PM on Dec. 2, 2009