What side do you feel "let down"?

I just talked to my WIC BF counselor and I told her that I feel "let down" on the opposite side I am feeding/pumping, and she thought that was weird usally you feel it on the side you are feeding/pumping.

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did too, but not always. It is like rotation, sometimes I had the let down on the breast he was feeding from other times I felt it in the other. Sometimes I had let downs for no real reason at all... Maybe you are having a let down in both and just cant feel it on the side your baby is feeding from because of the suckling..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Also the WIC office does not have the best trained employees when it comes to BFing... :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• That is normal. The let down usually occurs on both sides. But you feel it much more on the side not getting any stimulation. If you do extended bfing than the let downs on both sides become not as common. That is because you produce less milk when they get older bc they don't need as much.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 5:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• its normal... i would honestly not trust anything that the WIC office has to say about BFing... they are ill informed, and severely lacking! i got some really off the wall advice from them when i was EBF that if i had taken, would have ended my career as a milk producing momma.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I agree about the WIC office they don't know what they are talking about sometimes. Just tell them to give you the checks & shut up! lol
    Anonymous

• I normally feel it on both sides.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I ALWAYS feel it on the opposite side.
    marigrimes

Answer by marigrimes at 11:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009