How would you feel if you found out your sister thinks your baby in nicu is replacing her baby in everyones life?

my sister just had her baby three months ago and he was the first grand child.. my baby will prolly be in nicu for another two weeks

Asked by vc_green87 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Relationships

• I honestly wouldn't worry about your sister right now. Seems like from your situation that everyone is probably worried about your new child. Does sound like a little bit of jealousy is going on, new babies are just to fun to resist though. Don't worry, this will all pass and blow over with time.

Answer by jamie8506 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I would feel that she needs to grow up. My sister in law and I were pregnant at the same time. She was due in March with twins and I was due in April. I ended up delivering in December, two months before her. She was too concerned about her babies to worry about the attention my daughter was getting. When the twins came along, there was enough love to go around for everyone. You should forget about your sister's immature behavior and focus all your positive energy on your little one in the NICU.

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:50 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Yeah its been hard for me having my baby in the NICU. All Ive been thinking about is my baby. I really dont have any problems with my sister or hers. I think her baby is adorable and I have pictures of him on my myspace..

Answer by vc_green87 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Tell her to grow up and get over it. She already had the first grandkid!

Answer by vbruno at 1:07 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Remember too that her hormones are still crazy. She is probably stressed and tired. She will probably look back when she is a little more sane and realize how silly she is acting but right now she just can't think rationally. Try not to worry about it. You have enough to deal with right now.

Answer by rasbneon at 11:48 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• im her sister and i have postpartum depression.... and ive always know what i thought wasnt right. but you people are all rude to judge before you know the whole story.

Answer by edwinsmom2008 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• My sister told my parents that my baby would be taking the place in their hearts of her 6 children, my daughter is 4 she hasn't spoken to me since she was born has not even actually seen her. No biggie!

Answer by momto1727 at 1:49 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• unless you heard it from her mouth, it's heresay.
    but even if she did admit it, let it go.
    she will get over it. this is life.

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:03 PM on Jul. 6, 2008