When should they stop having baths together?

DD is 4 1/2 and DS is 2 1/2. They have always bathed together and havent had any problems or issues. We an open doors kind of family and we all see eachother naked all the time. When do you think it isnt appropriate for them to bath together? Do your kids do it?

MamaZena

Asked by MamaZena at 5:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• my kids are 8,4,2 & mostly still bathe together. unless DD asks for a shower alone, it is a likely that i will throw them all in to save time, as it is that they bathe alone. they all still bathe with me, and we do not have "no nakkie" rules at all. its pretty much a clothing optional household- that'll change a little (very little) as they get older, but thats likely a trend that they will start, not me. personally i don't see anything wrong with it.
    there are a lot of really twisted people in the world though, who would definitely see something wrong with it... the way I see it, they are the ones who need help. not my happy, healthy, normal, well adjusted children who do not have issues with nudity.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My boys are eight and nine and shower together (we have two shower heads in our stall). I see no problem with it, since they are both male. With opposite sexes, I would say maybe at age four or so??
    Anonymous

• There are many cultures in which community bathing is a common practice. As long as it isn't a sexual thing and you don't make it into one, I would allow it until 'play' starts becoming a problem.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If they ar eof opposite sex, once the oldest turns 5.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Around age six, my son started saying that he didn't want to bath with his sister anymore. So that was when we stopped. Now the two girls (aged five and almost three) take baths together and ds (now seven) prefers to shower on his own.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• DS5 and DD4 still love to take baths together. I've decided, until they get interested in each others 'parts' then they can continue. Once they start questioning things, then it might change.
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 6:34 PM on Dec. 3, 2009