SAHM's - do we really need to judge each other?

There is quite enough of that going on from those who don't stay home. I have read two posts within the last several days about a SAHM the OP knows who either puts their children in daycare or has a nanny. While these are not things I would do, I am not about to waste my time judging them.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree! I'm glad you said something. I was raised by a single mother who had to put herself through college and work to support us. I on the other hand am a SAHM. I loved working, this was a decision that was made between me and the hubby. I wouldn't mind working again, especially since hubby's overtime was cut. I don't think it matters as long as the parents both try to raise the children well and with lots of love. Again, I'm glad you said something, enough judgment already. At least there's mom's that work while they're able to, and if they work because they love to not because the have to, good for them! Kudos on your comment girl!
    Aneya

Answer by Aneya at 12:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I totally agree. I'm not on here to judge people. I'm here to try to help people and get advice from other Moms. I hate it when people write nasty comments.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 5:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I agree. Some SAHM do a lot more than stay at home. Many do a lot of volunteering and community work. I am a SAHM and when my youngest was 3 I had him in daycare. I was doing a lot of outside projects, plus I thought he needed the social interaction before he started school. We don't always know what others situations are. Also I see absolutely nothing wrong with having your children in part time care. Both moms and kids needs a break from each other sometimes.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 5:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm not a SAHM and I don't like to hear either side be bashed for their choice. BUT, the only think I can't grasp is how a SAHM of 1 child says that they are busy all day. I don't understand that because I work 50-60 hrs per week outside of the home and still get all my housework done and wish I had more time to play with my daughter so if I was a SAHM, the only change would be more playtime and that is not work. Can ya'll tell me what else you do?
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I say whatever works for you. we are all different with different needs. What you can afford or not afford to do with your time & money is your own business.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 5:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• everyone who slams other moms for either working or SAHM are just trying to feel superior or justify their situation. I was too busy trying to be a good mom and wife to worry what other moms were doing. If you have so much time that you notice what someone is or is not doing then maybe you need to find something else to do.
    Anonymous

• I had my son in part time daycare and that was when he was 3. I was doing a lot of volunteering at my older child's school. I thought my son would benefit from the social interaction before he started kindergarten. Also like I said before, sometimes a little break from each other isn't a bad thing.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 6:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• but don't you know how BORING it is to stay home???

what else is there to do than judge, mock, and just plain belittle other moms who make different choices!

*ps...thats sarcasm for the ones who I know will read this and jump ALL over it*
    Anonymous

• Im not walking around in their shoes and, as I stated in one of those posts you mentioned, my stresses might seem minimal or pathetic in someone elses eyes but to me are HUGE and unbearable.

Since Im not in their shoes nor them in mine I cant really judge their situation. Even if they told me about it I still couldnt judge cuz I wouldnt know or understand it all.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:25 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't stay at home, I wish I could. I would never bash a mom for staying with her children. Bitches are everywhere...just ignore it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009