Scared I might have a brain tumor..

I've felt this way since I was pregnant with my son two years ago. I kept getting this weird feeling in my head. I recently started feeling pressure on the right side of my head the past month or so. I scheduled an appointment with my Dr. and she said the only way to find out what is going on is by having an MRI or cat scan. So I was supposed to get an MRI, but my insurance doesn't cover all of it and I have to pay over $600. I had scheduled the appointment for the MRI, but I overheard my DH talking crap to my sister about how much money it's going to be. So I cancelled it and I'm going to wait until next year. I'm so scared. All I can think about are my two kids. I just want to cry. I wish my DH would understand how I feel about this and not think I'm being crazy. Sorry... I just had to vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• Seriously, 600 worth your kids not having their mom around, go now, you might have something wrong, you can make payments if need be, and you know what hubby will have to deal, IDK, how you could listen to him bitch about this!!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 5:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm so sorry. Our health care system sucks!

Does your insurance pay for the cat scan? That may be all you need to have done. If your family income isn't very much you may be able to have the price reduced.

Just because you have a wierd feeling in your head it doesn't mean you have a tumor. Could it be migraines? Migraines can be on one side and can be localized in one area. They can last for days. I ran out of one of my migraine preventative meds and I have had a migraine almost all the time even in the middle of the night for over a week. I'm taking all my meds again. Migraines have made me blind. I passed out once and my kids thought I had a stroke and called 911 and I was hospitalized.

I first started getting them when I was 34. It took a couple of months to get the right diagnosis and a couple of years to get on the right meds.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• my uncle died from a brain tumor a few yrs ago..the first signs he noticed before he started feeling any pain at all was his wife noticed he was very forgetful of things and would repeat things over that he had already said or done and slur his speech
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• you should go get checked...if something feels out of the norm you should always have it checked out
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:39 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• then again..you could be like me, for a long time i was into shows like Dr. G medical examiner and i would think i was coming down with the same things the dead people had. My husband had to ban me from watching it because i was becoming a hypochondriac (however you spell that)
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Do you need a referral? Go to a neurologist. I found my best experience with a doctor in a qualified field. By this I mean a specialist. I have had headaches for years and had many tests done. It can't hurt to go see a specialist. They have other tests that will help determine what the cause of these problems might be.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• OP here. I went and had the MRI done yesterday. DH felt bad after I told him how I felt and he rescheduled my appt. We had to pay $500 out of pocket, but I feel a bit of relief now. The person who did the MRI said he didn't see anything big so I hope I'm okay.

Thanks for your support ladies!
    Anonymous