do i have the right to be disappointed and mad?

my husband's parents has never done anything for mylil girl, nothing for my baby shower nothing at all and my family the only one that sends my lil girl is my mom and calls to talk to her and comes to see her.my dad got killed 2 weeks before i find out i was pregnant so my dad's side i havent talk to alot cuz of so problems we are a military family we dont have the money for all of us to fly home.. so my daughter has only seen my mom... my father in law can fly to vegas but cant come see us

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• sad...yeah you do have a right to be mad and upset. it's sad that they don't see her or do anything for her. i'm sorry they are that way.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 5:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Is this possibly just the way your husbands parents are? Did they do anything before you became pregnant that you thought they may be more involved than they are? You can be sad that they choose not to be more involved but I don't think you need to be mad at them.
    Anonymous

• I guess it comes down to how far away you are from your in laws. Yes, I do think you have a right to be upset over them not doing anything for your daughter. But as far as him flying to Vegas--- Well trips to Vegas can be really cheap, only a few hundred dollars for a weekend trip. Whereas flying anywhere else during the holidays can get expensive.
    Anonymous

• Disappointed, yes but mad is a waste of energy. Just enjoy what you do have with mom and don't waste energy with what you don't have with others.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I would be more on the fighting side if they wanted to get involved with her now and pretend that they always have been. What happens when they change their mind?
    Anonymous

• I agree with admckenzie, be disappointed your child doesnt know her grama and grampa, but there is no use being mad. Think of the AMAZING bond that she will have with your mom! I mean, how lucky is your mom?? SUPER LUCKY!!!
    jubes

Answer by jubes at 1:27 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My children have three sets of grandparents still alive. I am divorced and remarried, so that is a lot of family. My exhusband mother (grand pa died two yrs ago) is the only one who really pays attention to my two bio kids. They go to her house after school every day. They go on vacation every yr together. She is involved in their sports and school activities. She loves my kids and it shows.
    That being said. Sometimes you have no control over family and you take it for how it is. My children are very contend with just their grand ma's Donnas attention. Its all they need.
    momsbreak5654

Answer by momsbreak5654 at 5:00 AM on Dec. 3, 2009