How do i know if my water has broke?

I went swimming earlier...

JodiFreiman

Asked by JodiFreiman at 6:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it would still be leaking as you type this ... are you wet still?
    Anonymous

• you'd notice if your water broke, it would feel like you were peeing yourself.
    SCorbeau0616

Answer by SCorbeau0616 at 6:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• What does it look-smell like?
    Is is still coming out consistently (spurts, trickles, gushes)?

doulala

Answer by doulala at 6:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Oooh you'll know! Lol my water broke when I peed. When I realized I had to keep wiping and clear fluid was trickling down my leg non-stop, I knew it was broken. The seat in the car was soaked as well as the towels on the wheelchair. When we went to L&D, the lady at front desk asked me how I knew my water was broken, and I stood up and said, "seriously?" It's pretty sad how stupid most medical professionals think we really are.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 6:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• lol! I love the answer nicolemstacy! sometimes people aren't that smart... but you'll know, it'll spurt, trickle, and gush with your movement and contractions. some ppl, if you lay down it'll be constant, and when you stand up, baby's head may act like a cork...
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 8:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It just won't stop leaking no matter what. There was no smell, just constant leaking for me.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2009