Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does any body know about HEAT assistance??

i have been trying to apply for it but i cant find out how!!! i cant find any links for an application or anything!!!! any body please help!!!!

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (5)
  • HEAP .... do you have a community action in your area?? i would google HEAP hope it helps.. i know we have it here and ther is also emergency heap

    Answer by emturner at 6:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • I'm in MA. Here you go to your local senior citizen center, they have a worker there that helps you with the application.

    Answer by EireLass at 6:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • Call social services they can at least give you the proper place to call/apply.

    Answer by goaliemom93 at 7:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • HEAP...your gas and electric bill should have information on these them very well, or call the utility and they can tell you where to call for help in your area.

    Answer by salexander at 10:05 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • I think it varies state by state, but here in Georgia you can contact the Department of Family and Children Services, or dial 211 on your phone. Also, here the state grants money to churches in each county (the churches alternate grants, so one church will receive only twice a year or something like that) and each church has a list of who gets what every month. Good luck hon.

    Answer by Aneya at 12:40 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.