Really long period?!

Ok so the past couple months ive been having an irregular period. It has been 5-7 days of super light spotting. Then the next week i would have a full blown period. This month I had the same really light spotting earlier than normal about 2wks before my period was due then the next week nothing came so i thought maybe i was pregnant Then 4 days after my period was due it came. Now 16 days later i stilll have it. Its really bad almost as bad as after I had my daughter. And today I was feeling dizzy and kinda funny. Im not sure what this could be. Could it be because im losing all that blood? I do have an appt on the 10th but im really wondering and kind of worrying now. Any ideas what it could be? Oh and we have been ttc for about6mo so i definatley dont want to go on bc.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 6:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• take a pregnancy test, even if you are bleeding. also check your thyroid, you could have hypothyroidism, and that can cause miscarriages.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 6:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Well it could easily be a missed pregnancy. This is a pregnancy that didn't thrive. I had a similar situation and my dr. did a blood test to confirm. Also perhaps take some iron. Slow fe is easier on the tummy. Call the dr. and get a sooner/emergency appt.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009