• In the Spotlight:

nervous... will be delivering baby in a few days... anxiety

Doc wants to induce at 39 weeks. That is fine with me... but now that the time is getting closer I am getting really nervous. I know its normal... but for those who felt this way too how to you cope with it? When i get nervous and scared I cry and thats what I been doing but I have not wanted anyone to see me get like this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's normal to be emotional. Why are they inducing? I'm sure that you know the risks.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Its ok Honey. You will do great!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 7:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Thank you. yes i know.. I trust my doctor. She doesnt want her to go past her due date. Everything has looked great. She is small but i was a small baby. Just getting nervous bout the whole process
    Anonymous

• It's perfectly normal! Especially if this is your first baby. I was the same way. Let people see you cry, you wouldn't be the only one that's done it. Just relax, your body knows what to do. I really hope that you go into labor before they induce you. I get nervous when I hear about inductions, because the EDD is just an estimate, so there's no telling if the baby needs to develop some more. I recommend eating before you go to the hospital. If the baby is in a good position to deliver vaginally, eat! They only tell you not to in case they have to put you under for some reason. Tell them you DON'T want Pitocin if your contractions are going at a nice rate. The nurse said my contractions were going great, and still gave me Pitocin. The contractions became unbearable after that. Our bodies know how much pain we can handle, a drug does not. Also be really nice to the anesthesiologist and nurses.Congratulations mama and GL!

nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 7:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Can they induce without pitocin? For your sake, OP, I hope so,....because the stuff is HORRID. I've prefer to be a YEAR oiverdue than ever have it again.

Keep in mind that the due date the doc gave you can be off by two weeks either way. Also keep in mind that induction can cause additional interventions which can lead to a c-section. Please be sure to do your research thoroughly, and if you have ANY doubts, tell doc you will NOT be inducing. They cannot force you.

Also bear in mind that it's quite possible doc is scheduling you to avoid interference with her holiday schedule.

LIKELY it will be FINE...but know all the risks befreo you go.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Is this your 1st? is the induction medically neccessary? Your not excited? What makes you feel like this? Think about what is making you nervous and re-post cause we can make you feel better or worse by our answers. None of us want to make you feel worse. Your going to do fabulously whatever you decide. And alot of people to help you.

We all have been there and some of us have had a better labor than others. I had 4 births 3 natural and 1 induced. If it isn't neccessary, I would not recomend it, it is a bit harsh because it is hard labor the whole time not gentle easing into and getting used to and then 1 hour of the hard stuff nope induction is no time to adjust hard labor for 6 hours. But I would recommend it before c-section but then my sister in law had 4 kids as well and went c-section all the way.
    Yimpulsiveme

Answer by Yimpulsiveme at 7:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I had pitocin with both kids and it was a BREEZE! Easy deliveries and I'd do it again. Don't even worry about it. As long as the anesthesiologist is nearby, it's no issue. Ask how many drug docs are on staff at one time and make sure there are fresh batteries in the epidural machine. Don't panic, it's all very orderly and professional and they know what they are doing. You are going to be fine, keep saying that to yourself.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i think your general problem is that you don't have confidence in your body's ability to birth the baby. that is reflected in getting induced before your body even has time to think about doing it itself. do some soul-searching and hopefully you will see that your body was made to birth the baby! :) gl!
    Anonymous

• You don't have to be that strong. It's okay to have concerns. What are you worrying about exactly?
    (Maybe learning more about that will help you to feel better.)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Why does your doctor want to induce? Unless there is a medical reason, it's always best to let babies come on their own.
    Anonymous