• In the Spotlight:

do you reject Satan and all his evil works and empty promises? ~another spin off~

I know this is said at Catholic baptisim and at Easter. What exactly does this mean?

Not so much in the way of Satan is bad God is good. But what exactly ARE his evil works and promises?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• if by 'reject" you mean "don't believe in" then yes.

he's kind of a fun icon, though, with the tail and pitchfork and the suggestion of naughtiness
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• no that is not what I mean autodidact. I thought the question along with the explanation makes that clear.
    Anonymous

• Satan offers empty promises, like he "loves you". He doesn't love ANYONE but himself. Also he spreads lies like live your life how you want whatever makes YOU happy. Makes us into selfish beings. Also he has twisted scripture in the minds of man and made people forget the Sabbath and to keep it holy. Also spreads the lie that we can eat whatever we want it doesn't matter. That babies aren't really babies, they are just parasitical beings/fetus's until they take that first breath, and sometimes not even then. He spreads the lie that God does not exist and sends his demons into the world to be "gods" for other's to worship and give praise to. Even the christians worship him without knowing it. There are just some of his evil works and promises.
    Anonymous

• lol I hit the anon button
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 10:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• no i dont lol
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:45 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Think about how we fall into sin. Believing something's all right when we know better--or our conscience tries to warn us. That's one of the ways Satan lies--and offers empty promises.

Like when a person falls into the trap that the more money they have the happier they'll be. Money doesn't promise happiness. It has a purpose, but it doesn't necessarily mean that as a billionaire you'll be happy. That's a false promise.

The thing we have to do when it comes to what is presented to us as "good" is untwist the lie to find the truth. At the core of almost every lie in the world is a kernel of truth. When we find what is true, then it'll shed light on the lies. (That's a simplistic explanation, I think, but I'm sure maybe eringoborough or someone else will offer a more in-depth answer...probably easier to understand, too LOL).
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009