Why not discipline your child?

So that we, as responsible parents, do not have to deal with your little wild animal children out of control. Drives me crazy to hear... "Please don't do that... Please come here.. would you like a cookie" Seriously, who is the adult and who is the child??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I spank when it is needed, but for the most part when I tell my kids to do something (even my 1 yr old) they listen.

And although it gets anoying when I hear parents counting, or begging, or even repeating themselves I understand that in public you cant always discipline the way you'd like.

Besides you can either deal with it or go some place else. But, where I am from strangers (and myslef) will try to help by saying something like, "ooh, your mommy is gonna get you" or they ask what is the matter and try to make the kid smile by saying something nice. Try it, it works.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• hee hee hee. that is one of my big pet peeves too.

oh johny stop that, stop that honey, oh honey please dont, i really mean it now, im gonna get mad, santa is watching, come on johny be nice please.

LOL.... ugh..... I just look at the mom and say a little prayer that she makes it though the teen years... because at 3 it is not so bad.... but if you dont have control then just wait.... just wait.
    Anonymous

• Well you know in this modern day of political correctness, we wouldn't want to hurt little Johnny's feelings or stunt his individuality by disciplining or criticizing him. He could be forever traumatized by being told "No". We want everyone to feel good about themselves.
    Anonymous

• My daughter (17 months old) is not out of control, and yet I speak to her with respect. I don't pull her arm, pinch, spank, or shout at her. I say "please" and "thank you". I don't need to bribe her. I try not use the word"no" all the time, not because it might hurt her feelings, but because I don't want her to repeat it to me! Everyone has different ways of disciplining their children...we all need to find out what works and what doesn't.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't say please. I just tell them how it is. When they say "no." I tell them, sternly, "I wasn't ASKING." That and a hairy eyeball stare gets the job done.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I can break my children of bad behavior without breaking their spirit. Every parent has a child that has a melt down now and then...if you say you don't, you are a liar! Kids are kids. We don't live in a perfect world with perfect people. My children are well behaved, but they have been over tired, over stimulated etc and lost their cool now and then. I don't bribe or reward them with attention for negative behavior, I remove or distract them from the situation. I think some people who look down their noses at parents who are dealing with a child having a fit need to get off their high horse.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009