I'm freaking out right now...so scared...nervous...excited?

Right so me and my husband went to the docs today for a scan and voila apparently there's 3 babies. We just got back from the hospital and he's gone to our room and is basically hyperventilating...we're not well off & these babies weren't planned at all, he has a business abroad & so is away a lot and has to be if we're going to keep afloat, so he's panicking because he can't be here that much. We got married in August & neither of us have any family whatsoever, we met in the care system, we barely have any friends where we have moved in TN. In fact none, the only person I talk to is the butcher. We're so scared. Can anyone just give us some advice? SOrry to go on ladies. Thanks for any support.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow. Congratulations on the babies. I don't have any advice for you other than give it a few days and the shock will wear off. This is really very exciting.
    Anonymous

• Well, start by trying to find local mommy/playgroups of multiples. Churches have different things as well for moms/couples/help with children and you could easily make friends. I am not sure if you are religious so I was just throwing that out there. Just do some searches on the web and you can find lots of local stuff avilable to you, you'd be surprised. Good luck and congrats on your 3x blessed surprise! :)
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Congrats and Good Luck!! I can offer nothing!! I have never had multiples =) But god chose this path for you 2!! Congrats again!!
    Anonymous

• i agree with mom2BOysndad... start going to local mommy playgroups, and start looking in with business that help families out.. CONGRATS on the babies!!!!!!!!!!!... god wouldnt give your family anything ou cant handle...keep faith and stay strong.
    Anonymous

• I know that doulas are often very helpful for moms of multiples. I know one triplet mom who had a couple of doulas volunteer to help her out through pregnancy, birth, and postpartum. You might see what you can find, too. Best wishes, and CONGRATULATIONS!! :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 8:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• There has to be some sort of help for moms of multiples. Ask your doctor. Maybe you could get a college student to stay with you and help and you could give her free room and board in exchange.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• wow that would be scary. Just breathe first. Getting a Doula is a wonderful idea some places even have them as volunteers so you won't have to pay. Also you may want to consider a therapist just to give yourself someone you can talk to especially if your husband is away a lot. I wish I could be more helpful. Good luck to you and your family.
    ashkyns

Answer by ashkyns at 9:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i agree with the previous posters! Congrats!! I'll be moving up to TN soon! Actually coming up there Friday so I'll be with you not having any friends up there!! Good luck!!
    lovinthislife08

Answer by lovinthislife08 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2009