How do you serve Christmas Dinner?

Do you do it buffet style? Or do you have a place setting for each seat?
I need some ideas, so I'm asking you ladies who have to serve for a big dinner at their homes.

zweedledee

Asked by zweedledee at 8:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Holidays

• I just put everything out and people get what they want. I make my sons and my husbands plates, but everyone else makes their own.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 8:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• We opt for a super centerpiece on each table..then we serve buffet style.. To serve place setting style is a nightmare. Plus we use three different table. Someone would have to be up constantly. Heck we've been known to forego the china and use chinette..lol. It's just so much work. We would rather spend the time visiting than cleanng up
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• We use place settings. However there is only 7 of us. If you are having a large crowd. I would do it buffet style with silverwear on the table next to the glasses and placecards for seating.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• It's buffet style here... it's easier... we get the little ones first and then us big ppl go for it...
    Oh and we use the paper plates... it saves me from all the dishes that has to be washed afterwards
    and I can enjoy my families....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Christmas Eve is buffet style with appetizer/finger food's. Christmas is sit down.
    Anonymous