Help...I'm very worried about my daughter.

She turns 7 on Friday. She just came and woke me up since there is quite a bit of blood in her pants, like brown blood, almost like period, but she's too young, right? I'm wondering whether to take her to the docs now? Or what? Or am I just over reacting completely? Thanks for any advice ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Take her to the doctor, because she is probably way more concerned than you are and having the doctor explain to both of you what it is will calm you both. Hearing it from a doctor just tends to put the mind at ease. GL~
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 8:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Agree, take her to the dr and it's probly just her period starting.
    Anonymous

• Yes take her to the doctor!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Sadly, due the all of the hormones in most meat and dairy, it is no longer an anomaly when a girl this young gets her first period. It certain won't hurt to have her checked by a doctor for other issues.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• it could be...my cousins started at 8 and 9. I've heard girls are starting much younger from horomones in foods like rkoloms said
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Could be her period, could be an infection. Take her to the ER or doctor asap to find out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I got mine in 4th grade and I wasn't the first one in my class. Oh dear lord this means my neice is going to be starting hers soon, doesn't it? Crap!
    Er, I mean, I agree, doctor. Even maybe just call the doctor first to explain, and see what they suggest?
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My cousin started her period at 8 so it is possible to be a period. The fact that it is brown blood is less scary to me than if it was red blood because that could signal some kind of trauma. I am not a run-to-the-doctor type of parent but I would bring her in for this one... just to make sure
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 11:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Sounds like her first period. She's that age! It's perfectly normal! I started mine at 8, and was one of the last of my friends to get it... If you are really that worried, call the doctor. But I would bet it's just her period, since there are no other symptoms. (none that you listed anyways)

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• call her doctor and talk to him first. Right now she has alot going thru her mind and taking her to a doc to have a "look" might just push her overboard. Does she have any other signs of puberty. Like hair in places it shouldn't be just yet. Or maybe her chest filling out?? My mom flipped when I got mine at 10 and had all sorts of embarassing tests done. I'm 25 years old and to this day I don't tell my mom anything.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:48 PM on Dec. 3, 2009