is it okay to feel depressed that you cant breastfeed your baby because he has a metabolism problem?

he got really sick when we fed him breast milk.. so they took a lot of tests and found out he is low in carotene..

Asked by vc_green87 at 12:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A lot of women feel guilty when they can't breastfeed. There's a lot of pressure from society to breastfeed, and when we can't we feel bad about it. I had to stop BF a little early, and felt horrible about it. Fact is.. you shouldn't. As long as your child is getting what he needs, then do not worry about it, FF works great too! :o) Best wishes to you and your little one!

Answer by jamie8506 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• You have to do what's best for your baby's health and what's best for your family. It's OK to be sad and even depressed though.
    I really wanted to but just couldn't get over the pain. I came to dread feeding my baby, sobbing every time she was hungry. Even with help from a consultant, my baby and I just couldn't get it right. In the end, it was much more important to enjoy feeding her, to be able to love and cuddle her during those times.

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:08 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Juice Plus would be a great thing to give your son it's loaded with beta caratene. It comes in a capsule, chewable and gummie. I'm assuming your son is a baby by your picture and the best form of Juice Plus would be the capsule which you can easily open up into his formula or cereal. It's all natural is just fruits and vegetables. It has clinical research behind it and is recommended by alot of top doctors, even Dr. William Sears recommends it. My email address is if you would like more information. Eileen

Answer by EileenMarie at 11:27 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• mothers guilt is so common. we always feel guilty over things that we cant help. just be thankful that u know what is wrong and that u are doing ur best to help him, dont focus on the bad, focus on the good. but yeah, its normal to feel bad, but it doesnt help the situation, so dont let it bother u anymore!

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 28, 2008