• In the Spotlight:

i need birth contro,,wat do u prefer pills or IUD ,,iam taking yasmin now but i know its hormon i wana stop it,,wat do u think?!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• I have the Mirena IUD, it has a very small amount of horomones. I love it!! I only spot about once every 4 months for about 4 days and I dont get cramps or PMS. I suck at taking pills so thats why I decided to go for the IUD. There is the Perguard IUD and thats horomone free, my OB told me that the Peraguard can make you have heavy periods versus the Merana can make them be lighter or none. I would consult your OB and see whats right for you.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• The pill and IUD use hormones too.

I have had major health problems as the result of taking the pill. The progestrone in them caused me to go into premenopause when I was only 24. It took 5 doctors and 4 years to get my hormone imbalance corrected just so I could get pregnant when I was ready.

I used a diaphram for 3 years with no complaints at all. It's easy, hormone free, and safe.
    Anonymous

• i had a paragard IUD which is the only hormone free one. But a bad gyno put it in wrong and I had way bad complications.

We use FAM-- fertility awareness method. This involves knowing your fertility cycle and engaging in non-reproductive sexual activity during your fertile times or abstaining completely. It worked very well for us. Then we planned to get pregnant. After the baby is born we will use it again. It's free!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:24 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I have the merina alos and i love it its my second one and i ahvent had a period in a yr. it is wonderful i have never had an accident or anything the only problem i have is i loss the strings they dont stay where they are supose too. not a worry though dr says its fine so i say go for it
    tazamaraz96

Answer by tazamaraz96 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009