how early does a pregnancy test detect a pregnancy

I am wondering because i am concerned. I am pregnant. I had my last menstrual period on augest 16th. I was with my boyfriend for the whole next month especially during the time i could have ovulated. broke up on a friday I had a one night stand that night then found out htat I was pregnant on that tuesday I was only 3-4 days late.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• after you missed your period, sometimes 5 days before.
    Anonymous

• if youre already pregnant and know it then why are you asking?? but like the previous poster said....After your missed period sometimes 5 days before
    Anonymous

• I think the reason she's asking is concern over who the father would be. Odds are, it's the ex - boyfriend. If your period was 3-4 days late, then you were already pregnant when you had the one night stand.
    jenwmuot

Answer by jenwmuot at 10:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i agree w jenwmuot.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Ex boyfriend is the father. 5 days before your missed period is when you can test. If you were already late for your period then you are at least 2-3 weeks pregnant and you were with your ex at that time.
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 9:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I took the digital test 7 days before I missed my period and it was positive.
    JenMarie2007

Answer by JenMarie2007 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 3, 2009