Athiest,how can you believe there isn't a God?

I think most people who don't believe in God were hurt somehow,was this you?Lets be honest and truthful with eachother,not ment to put down anyone thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• why do you believe there is?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• No, not at all. I'm just going to copy/paste from another time I've answered this question.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I was raised in a Christian family, but from as far back as I can remember, I couldn't understand how anyone could believe in any of it. I remember being in Sunday school when I was a little little girl, drilling my Sunday school teacher on dinosaurs and creation and all of that, because I just couldn't believe it. I got kicked out of confirmation classes when I was I think 12 for telling the pastor that I didn't believe in a god, and my mother just found me another church to confirm me at. When I was 14, I moved in with my Catholic stepmom and my father. They let me be who I am, and it was a big weight off my shoulders. It wasn't until I was grown and out of the house that I felt comfortable using the dreaded "A" word, even though I've been an atheist all along. As the years have gone on though, I am a much happier person now that I am able to just say who I am and have always been.
    JulieJacobKyle

• Is there a pink unicorn out there too? Let's face it. What prove is out there of his existence? Isn't more likely that he is an invention of man? What is wrong with evolution instead of creation? To me evolution makes way more sense.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 9:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• And as an experiment, try to make yourself believe in Zeus. Can't be done, right?
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• How can you believe there IS one?
    the biggest reason for me is that once I learned that people had believed in OTHER gods then I just couldn't "buy" it anymore...and besides that, seeing the adult services on Sunday nights in our church when I was a kid -only scared me. Not to mention the time my uncle had my entire family believing I was posessed (yes REALLY) because I had a virus and was really sick and he proceeded to try to do an excorsism.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• for some reason i feel like all these people that post "why do non believers not believe" are just looking for good reasons themselves not to believe...that, or they just want to start a bashing party
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I would rather believe there is some other beings out there on another planet then to believe in an invisible god like person. I say God is from a different planet.

Answer by louise2 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Nope, never been hurt, just don't believe.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• oh, goody, armchair shrink time. I was born an atheist and never found any compelling argument to believe in any deity.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 9:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009