HPV???

I noticed 3 tiny tiny spots on my husband's you know what 2 weeks ago. He claims it's "nothing" never bothered him. We've been together since 1998 but broke up for a year in 2005. We both were seeing other ppl and I know I used condoms. We both were tested for STDs before we got back. All results negative. I read that HPV can take years before an outbreak and condoms dont prevent it bc u catch it from skin to skin contact. I aslo heard HPV is very common. Could it be genital warts? And could it have taken 4 years to come out? He said they have been there but I would have noticed it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Health

• if it is you would probably have it too and you would've probably shown some kind of sign before him
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Go get tested again. STD's can take years to manifest. You should get tested every year for at least 6 years. Even if you have had a tattoo or piercings.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• HPV has many forms. Not all of the forms cause warts. And some of the forms are transmitted through things other than sex.

He probably has ingrown hairs.

When you go for your next pap, they will test you. The gyno tests for it every time you get a pap. It's not a very dangerous virus for most people. If either of you get a wart they are easily removed. if you have a positive HPV test, your gyno will want to watch you for pre-cancerous cervical cells.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• If either of you had partners before you got together, either of you could have contracted it from one another. My DH also has those spots, but they are not genital warts or any kind of STD. I think sometimes they just get spots on their skin, much like we can. I have tested positive for HPV, and he had those spots before we were together. I could have gotten it from any of the partners I had unprotected sex with, including the ones that were years and years back... same for him. If it starts bothering him, have it checked out. Have yourself checked out too (by a PAP), and remember that even if it comes back negative, you could still be positive, and it is dormant in your system.
    Anonymous

• i agree with armywife
    happymom1988

Answer by happymom1988 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009