Ok, so I saw another moms post that basically said apples and bannana's are bad for you.....

Is there something I don't know? These are some of my son's fave snacks but she said they should be having complex fruits like blueberries and kiwis....

Did I miss this lesson in health class or is this new?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• dang...i thought i was doing good by eating an apple today instead of the left-over Thanksgiving pie :D

i love apples & bananas and so does my DD...plus they are they cheapest fruits out there...i roll my eyes at that lady!!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:40 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• LOL I love overly opinionated moms.
    Apples and Banana's are good for your child. It just shouldn't be the only fruit they eat. Grapes, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi... there are no complex fruit just fruit. Every so many years they come up with a "new" fruit that is suddenly super healthy. Everything in moderation is best for your child.
    Anonymous

• Umm I don't think so. Unless they are eating way too much of it.
    Anonymous

• Apples and bananas are wonderfully healthy for us all. What the heck? WHo said they weren't???
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:41 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Most fruits are high in natural sugar content, berries like raspberries and blackberries contain a lot of fiber. Bananas and apples are usally less than 100 calorie a piece, high in fiber 3-5 grams average, Bananas are loaded with potassium and B complex vitamins. Both are low sodium. I don't know hwo said what against them but they are still on the Mayo clinics list of "healthy snacks for kids" as of Nov 2009
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• As for children I say I would rather see them eat fruit than a Snickers Bar any day. Only adults watching weight should avoid fruit, especially tropical fruit as it is loaded with carbs. Everything in moderation I say.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I'm willing to bed she got it off Mercola.com. Dr. Mercola, the site is his site obviously, is a serious quack. I seem to remember reading something about bananas and apples being bad for you on there.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I learned in nutrition class that "pale fruits" such as the white innards of apples tend to have less vitamins than other stronger colored fruits - but they're not BAD for you.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 9:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas. I like to eat, eat, eat, apples and bananas. Remember that song?

As far as I know, they're still good to go. I buy them every week at the store, so if they're bad, we're in trouble!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I've heard that apples should be peeled because of chemical residue on the peels, but this can't be the problem that the other person meant since bananas are peeled. So I don't know either.

Answer by Bmat at 10:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2009