Does your DH/SO own or collect anything dangerous? How do you have him keep it safely away from the kids?

My DH collects swords, daggers, knives etc... I Know a lot of men collect guns and whatnot... I heard of a man on the news a while back who collected snakes and one of the snakes killed his baby. My DH keeps his swords and everything in the garage, and my baby isnt even born yet (anyday now) but how do you keep your little one away from Stuff? Im sure with child locks and stuff it wont be hard to keep baby out of the garage for now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My boyfriend and my parents collect guns. They have gun safes and ammo safes, all with keypad locks that only the adults know the combos to, and are changed once a month and not written down where they kids can find them. The kids are also taught gun safety so that IF they were to ever find a gun left out, they would know not to touch it and to find an adult, b/c they actually understand how dangerous it can be. Of course, no gun would ever BE left out, but better to be safe than sorry, you know?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• In our family,it is me that collects the knives/daggers/swords. My knives are not left where my girls could have gotten to them nor are they left where my g'sons can get to them. All of the kids know not to touch.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 10:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My dh loves guns he has several and we keep them in a safe that has a keypad lock. The ammo is in the safe in a locked metal box. NONE of the guns are loaded and none of the ammo is low enough for either child to reach IF they somehow managed to get the safe open, unlock the lock box, and knew how to load a gun. Plus we teach gun safety to our 4 year old so she know the guns are dangerous and she is never ever to touch unless daddy is helping her shoot at a target.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• My Husband and I both collect guns, knives, and swords..and all of the above are safely hidden from Our almost two and a half year old Son. We're not irresponsible Parents, after all.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 10:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• guns. ammo is kept separate and locked, guns in garage separate and locked.
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 2, 2009