Still waiting for my insurance to approve,14 wks preggo...any possible free clinics where i can see a doctor?

I need to see a doctor, have had many trials in getting affordable insurance and am pending on medicaid for mothers as my last hope (since i cant get any elsewhere)... is there any possible program that can help me with a visit to the doctors???

AmandaPina703

Asked by AmandaPina703 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not sure of specific clinics...
    Midwives that I know will often work with a mom and bill the insurance at the very end.
    You can also do an "Unassisted Pregnancy" where you monitor your own health, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Medicaid will often retroactively cover you up to 3 months back. Your county health dept should be able to make that happen for you.

Midwives do pay as you go. Many doctors do as well. Docs around Atlanta are $1000-$1500 for the whole 9 mos of prenatal care, you put down a certain amount then pay as you go each month. In GA, if you do not have insurance, the doctor will help you apply for emergency Medicaid to cover a hospital delivery in your 35th week.

I'm a home birther with a midwife, but I spoke to some docs about this just yesterday. for our hospital back up plan.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:42 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Look for the nearest dept. of health, they should be able to treat you for free . Good Luck :)
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:44 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Medicaid usually goes back 3 months and covers any unpaid medical bills for those 3 months - every time I ever got on it I had some and they got paid.
    Anonymous

• Medicaid goes back 3 months. If you are sure to be approved just go see the doctor.
    Anonymous

• Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2009