Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If he doesnt have a house.....

my ex husband has started his drama again. I dont know how much more stress from him I can take. I told him lastnight he is not allowed to ever step in my house or yard again. I also told him to die and burn in hell (didnt really mean it, just sounded good at the time) He told my daughter (16) he was bringing a belt over and beating her ass, that was last week. Lastnight he told her he was taking one to school and beating her ass. Thats just how retarded he is. Hes still not over the fact that im happily married and hes seperated from his bitch, who by the way hates my kids and calls them names to his face. Hes an over the road truck driver and doesnt have a house. When hes in he stays with a different family member everynight. We have 3 kids together but my oldest doesnt have anything to do with him (16 year old) My ? is if he doesnt have a house do I have to let my kids go with him?

Answer Question

Asked by heavenlypeace at 10:17 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

Level 4 (37 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • You can get a protective order barring this man from having contact with you or the children. He is communicating threats of violence.

    Answer by ecodani at 10:21 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • Of course not, no judge will allow a child to go and spent the night with a homeless dude. He doesn't have a place and is crashing at relatives houses, it is unstable for the kids and dangerous in nature, he could just take off with the child just to be hateful. Also, he is threatening your kid, get a restrain order and protect your children from this abusive father.

    Answer by bebita at 10:26 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • I agree with the others.. I would get a restraining order and I believe the 16y o can make her own decision in the eyes of the court and NOT see him.

    Answer by Seven07 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • I think that you would have to check with the laws in your state. I'm doubtfull that you can stop visitation soley because he doesn't have his own home to take them to, as long as he was taking them somewhere safe where their needs are met. I'm thinking that you will have to disclose to the court his abusive actions and threats in order to get visitation stopped although they will probably just make his visitation supervised.
    Hugs and Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

  • No - my deadbeat ex didn't have a house, was living with some friends and the courts would not stop visitation. He had the nerve to call CPS on ME while he was living in their home (all accusations were unfounded), and they wouldn't do anything about it (although they did run a background check on them for me, since I had no idea who they were and he hadn't known them that long!). I do think you might get a change in visitation due to the threats though.

    Answer by missanc at 8:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.