Im ready for this to be over.. Im to the point to where im miserable all the time why do I feel like this? I feel disgusting

Ive always been fat. I lost 80lbs and was within 40lbs of my goal weight and got pregnant. Now I see the scale going up and I feel nasty. I look at myself and see gross! I dont want to be fat again. I was miserable then and I was finally happy losing the weight. Now that im gaining like a pound a day I feel miserable again. I hate it. I dont want to feel this way. At first I was great with the whole weight thing caus I wasnt gaining it fast at all. Now im back up to 233 and I cant stand it. Im afraid the weight wont come back off. This feeling just started a week or so ago... Ive heard that getting frustrated or antsy means the baby is going to come.. haha lets hope so. im 37 weeks.. How do I stop feeling this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Talk with your doctor. They should be monitoring your weight gain and measuring your tummy, and can tell you if you're right on track - or if there's a problem.

If you're right on track, then you can give yourself permission to grow a strong baby just as you are, and worry about weight loss after delivery. If there is a problem, doc can help you address it in a way that's still safe for your baby.

- for the record, most women feel like beached whales in the last trimester.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 11:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Nothing anyone says is going to make you feel better. I felt the same way and people would always tell me "don't worry you are pregnant, you're supposed to be fat." That never helped. I was depressed about my weight as well. Honestly, the only thing that helped me was to not look at the scale when I went to the dr. I liked not knowing how much I weighed, or how much I had gained. They will tell you if they are worried. I weighed 227 when I had my daughter. She is just over 2 months old and I'm down to 196. I had lost 27lbs within a week and half after having her. I didn't try, it just came off. Now I'm having a harder time with it, but they say it can take 6 months to a year to get back to your starting weight. Breastfeeding is suppose to help. Just hang in there. You are gaining weight for a good reason. Just try to think of your baby everytime you get down on yourself. She or he will love you no matter what size you are.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 3, 2009