Clomid question

I took Clomid days 3 - 7 for the first time this cycle. My husband's SA was really good, Day 3 bloodwork is normal, and I just had an HSG today, and everything looked good. One would think that Clomid would do the trick. However, I have been reading a lot of posts that talk about Clomid side effects, and I didn't really experience anything out of the ordinary. I took the pills at 10:30pm as advised by my RE, and had maybe a few hot flashes throughout the night, but other than that, I think I've felt okay. Could this mean it might not be working?

I guess I will answer my own question when I go for the u/s this Friday (Day 13). Has anyone had a problem solely with ovluation? That seems to be my issue as the vaginal u/s showed my ovaries look good, I don't have PCOS, and I don't have Endo. What exactly will the u/s tell me?

jen2100

Asked by jen2100 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have problems with ovulation. I didn't find out until trying for my second child. I had and HSG scan done and everything was just fine. I just didn't ovulate all the time. I was going to start clomid but ended up pregnant after the scan. My dr said some times that can help your body clear the tubes for ovulation. I am guessing it did because I didn't need clomid. I did need it with my 3rd. The only side effects I had was hot flashes and very hormonal. I got pregnant on my 4th cycle. I know some times for an ultra sound they will test for follicles to see if you are getting ready to ovulate. If you have any questions you can PM me.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• i agree with pp i have been on clomid two times i took isin march in april found out i was preg and i took it in Oct and now as of tomorrow im 7 weeks the only thing i really had was hot flashs
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Congrats to you! That's really good to hear. I thought it might not be working since I didn't experience a bunch of side effects!
    jen2100

Answer by jen2100 at 10:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2009