whats wrong with me?

So my parents got divorce when I was 10. And there's a lot of stuff I don't remeber about that time but I do remember things prior to being that age. I would love to be put under hypnosis to see if I could uncover anything from my past that I can't remember bc I want to remember. My dad thinks my uncle molested me and he is in state prison for molesting his son. And if it did happen I do not remember. But I have always felt that there was something different about me. As if something just wasn't quit right. What do you think I should do?

blondiemaker07

Asked by blondiemaker07 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• Don't dwell on the past. Concentrate on building a solid future for yourself and your children
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 11:22 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I just feel like I'm incomplete. Like there's something important that I'm missing and I don't know why. Don't you have to know where you've been to know where your going?
    blondiemaker07

Answer by blondiemaker07 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I read some great books by Dr Brian Weiss about past lives. I know that's not the subject but the point is that he found that ppl who mentioned being incomplete usually had a reference to something in another life that didn't get completed, not necessarily something bad like being molested in this lifetime. If you were my dd I'd support your decision but i wouldn't encourage you looking for answers via childhood trauma therapy. Mainly bc it could take ten years to get to that point and even then how do you know the seed wasn't planted by the uncle's situation now? You can have false memories by someone planting a seed like that especially if you have a void in your life that you are wanting filled. It's easy to make a piece of "memory" (true memory or false) fit into that hole to fill the void. Sometimes it's best to realize the past is over and to find completion with Now and the future. I'm with ya on what you decide though

Answer by admckenzie at 11:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I don't know, I have holes in my memory too. For example my dad and step-mothers wedding, apparently I was there but I can't remember anything about it, I was about 7 at the time. I don't really remember them dating or anything, they just weren't together and then they were. I also have an aunt with epilepsy, apparently she had a seizure in front of me once and I have no memory of that either. I can understand wanting to be able to remember the past and to know what really happened, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be good memories, if you were molested, do you really want to remember that? And besides that I'm not convinced hypnosis really works. Maybe it does and it brings back legitimate memories, but I know my mom has talked about my aunt coming up with some crazy stuff during hypnosis and she isn't convinced that it's really accurate memories. But again, I dont know much about it.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• Everyone should have therapy at least once. Ask friends or your doctor for a referral.

Good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009