Nose piercings/right side straight....left side lesbian?!?!?!

So I need help. I want to get my nose pierced and have heard that the right side means your straight and the left side means your a lesbian. I don't know if that's true or not?!?! I have a mole above my lip like Cindy Crawford on my right side so I want to get it pierced on the left side but am straight. What are your thoughts and be honest how bad does it hurt???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ive heard that too...but I think it would only be immature teenagers who would comment on things like that

I have had my nose peirced twice...its is a little worse than your ears...but it only hurts for awhile....just make sure you have a perfessional do it and you keep up on the care....you dont want something right in the middle of your face getting infected !
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 12:24 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• OMG! I heard this 15 years ago. It doesn't matter what side you get done as long as YOU like the outcome! Just because you get a piercing on one side or the other doesn't mean you have to start sleeping with women! I know LOTS of straight women with the left side of their nose pierced!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have never heard that, but the same "info" was going around in the 80's when everyone was starting to double, triple pierce their ears, except it was right = gay, left= straight. I have my left ear pierced far more than my right. My nose ring is on my right side more because of how I thought it should look in the mirror and that it would be easier to take care of since I am a rightie. When I asked the girl who did it, she said it didn't matter and that it was up to me.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have never heard of that. I got my nose pierced 6 years ago and its still pierced. I have my right side pierced and my friend and I did it ourselves. Its not infected nor did it ever get infected. but you should get it done by professional if you are scared you might mess it up!!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I'm left handed and had my left side pierced btw I'm straight lol. Anyways it doesn't really hurt that badly. But I wouldn't reccomend doing it yourself go to a professional.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 1:32 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I've had both sides at one point. Does that make me bi? LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have never heard that. Get whatever side you want to and if people are that immature to say something ignore them.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:38 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I have seen plenty of women married to men with their noses pierced on their left nostril.
    I think you should do what you like to do and ignore dumb things people make up.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2009