This question may start a war...BUT...

I swear it's an honest question that occured to me while reading questions and answers by others. I've noticed that many of the pro-choice advocates on this site are also the women who seem to be breastfeeding mongers who attack other women for not breastfeeding because of personal preference. Where does the "My body, my choice" thing end and the "make sacrifices for your baby" thing begin? I'm not here to judge anybody, but I am curious to know how pro lifers are wrong for telling you how to use YOUR body by saying not to abort...and yet there are some who feel they have the right to judge others by choosing not to use their body for feeding. If one is a personal decision regarding the life of a child, how is the other side any different? Should we only put our kids first after they are born? And if not, why all the hatred toward FF's? Just something to chew on.

ErinHill226

Asked by ErinHill226 at 11:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I purposely didnt' put my own beliefs for either situation in the question because it's just mean to say that if you feel one way about one situation...why judge in the other? It doesn't make sense to me...
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2009

• I would LOVE to hear a rational explanation for this, which is why I suspect you won't get many answers. Too bad, too, because it's a very good question.
    Anonymous

• I agree, this is a good question that I'm sure hasn't occurred to those who do that.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Good question. Personally, I'm pro-life, I breastfeed, and I currently FF (but thinking about ERF).
    liz1986

Answer by liz1986 at 12:06 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• great question but as of now..not any answers :(
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Personally, I am pro-choice. I breastfed, but mostly out of guilt. I hated it and it caused a lot of grief between my oldest son and I. I would never try to push someone in to it! It is your body and at the same time you have to do what YOU feel is best for your child. In some cases, like mine, breastfeeding may have been what was physically best for my son, but it also stopped us from bonding properly because I had really bad PPD, that couldn't be treated until he was off the breast, which wasn't until I was pregnant again... So, it cost us more to BF than it ever would have to FF!

Do what is best for YOU, YOUR FAMILY and YOUR CHILD... Period!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I see that others are as baffled as I am. LOL. I agree that everyone's situation is different, so I personally would not judge someone who made either decision simply because it is not my place to do so. I am pro-life and pro breastfeeding, although I did formula dd after three months.

I guess unless you phrase a question in a rude way, nobody has an answer....now if I had said "Hey, all you pro-choice B****** who also breastfeed...you guys suck!" I'd have 300 answers by now. LOL. I'd never say that...it was just an example!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I would love to see an answer to this as well
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Oh man, I'd love to see more answers on this one. It's a great question though. Maybe more people will answer later. And yes, I am baffled... I always kind of wondered that myself.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 12:35 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I'm interested in answers to! I'm pro-life and for breastfeeding. Though I would never shove my oppinion about breastfeeding to anyone. Breast is best but not for everyone. Though I can get heated a tad about the abortion topic so I avoid those. There is enough drama in those posts and I don't feel the urge to add to it, though I do read the replies.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:39 AM on Dec. 3, 2009