i have tried EVERYTHING!

Ok...My daughter will be 3 in February,.and I am frustrated to no end. She is not fully potty trained yet. I had her good 2 times so far and she just regressed totally each time. I have done everything...bribery, praise, take her to the potty every single time i have to go, take her every half hour...nothing works. If i take her with me no matter how short a time it is apart she ends up finding time in between to pee or poop in her pants. Now I have family members saying spank her when she pees in her panties....so far I have had to resort to that but that dont even seem to work. Does any one have anything else for me to try? How do i do it on my own because daddy isn't really stickin with it and I definately cant spank a 2 year old for peeing in her pants when no one would take her... Please help I'm desparate. Im due in April and i dont want to buy pull ups and diapers. And please no rude replies or drama, just advice, thnx

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Dec. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try taking to Daddy about taking her to the potty when needed. Then choose a consequence you are comfortable with and think is fair and give her a fair warning about what will happen when she pees her pants. Then follow through. Good Luck!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Give her and you a break for a month or two from it, then start new with the whole thing. Some kids aren't ready till they are 3 and no matter what you do they won't potty train till they are ready.
    fallnangel3

Answer by fallnangel3 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• If you're using pullups, toss em! They're just a glorified diaper - of course she's going to keep wetting & dirtying them. Put her in panties (or cloth trainers) so she knows you're serious about this potty training business. I struggled so bad with my 3rd, and the day her auntie gave her a pile of cloth trainers was the day she was done. Take your dd to the store, let her pick out any undies she wants, but make sure you explain to her what the deal is - if she pees or poops them make her help clean it up, etc, but stick with what you want her in - not what's safe. Sure, it makes for a few messes for a few days, but in the end, it's worth it! (I've pt'ed 3 girls and am working on a boy - I have a little experience, lol!) GL, and stick to your guns! Stop spanking and praise praise praise!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Talk to her doctor. Buy the movie "It's potty time." And for God's sake. LEARN PATIENCE. She is really young yet. It isn't like she is deliberately doing this to make you angry. She just has to pee and she is confused.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 2:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• For my son we got him the underwear, his choice, if he pooped in them they were garbage no ifs and or butts (unless it was something semiout of his control, drviing on the highway no rest stop, ) peeing in them they got washed but Mommy wasnt happy.. we got the book its Potty Time for boys and after reading that it was pretty much that wekend.. he was older than 3 maybe pushing 3 and a half
    Love2HateMe

Answer by Love2HateMe at 5:07 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My daughter was four before she was completely out of diapers. She was tying her shoes and reading before she was potty trained.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009