I really need help from my fellow Christians out there...I really need help...

Please! please! please! will you say a prayer?

I am at the end of my rope and my marriage and family is about to be destroyed. It is the end of the line.

My husband is a drunk and I need him to recognize he has a problem and ask for help. I can't guarantee everything will work out if he admits he has a problem, but it is a start.

Will you please pray to God and ask him to help my husband at least admit he has a problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sent up prayers. God bless you and the situation. May Jesus guide all of you. Peace be with you and your family.
    MamaBee07

Answer by MamaBee07 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i will pray for u and your family hun. Best of luck with everything
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 12:14 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• God, I pray in agreement with the OP that her DH will be delivered from addiction to alcohol in the name of Jesus, and that he will recognize he has a problem, and seek out help. I pray that you convict him, Lord, and come in to his heart and heal him. In Jesus' name. Amen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• You can't change him. All you can do is work on you. Try joining a support group for families of alcoholics. Be proactive, God expects you to help yourself too.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I will be praying for you as well.
    I am sorry about this. I hope he can find a way to admit he has a problem , but also honey if he is too bad you need to get away . It is not good for you or your family.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Please check into al anon if you haven't already, Prayers are sent your way,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• what does God say about stopping a marriage and not sticking around to help my husband? I dont want a support group. I just want it over one way or the other...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• OP if you want your marriage to work then yes it may take you going to a support group as well. you have to know how to communicate with him on another level. You also have to work on your self esteme as well. If you really want the marriage to work you will need to be deligant about it. I agree with the anon who says God expects us to help ourselves. There is not going to be some miricle turning moment where he will see the errs of his ways. Work on you so you can figure out what to do for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Sweetie, when you live with an alcoholic you learn hw to live with an alcoholic. That makes you sick too. You have a problem too. Trust me I know. I was raised my two of them. Youneed to read these two books: Co-dependant no more and Boundaries. Please those will open your eyes. They are both Christian based also. You can message me anytime. I have been there. Trust me on that. You dont have to live this way and only you putting a stop to it will make him see.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2009