Those evil Catholics are at it again! Now it is Food for Families

The Knights of Columbus, a group closely tied with the Catholic Church, has announced an initiative to combat food "insecurity" in America.

9300 local groups have been mobilized and $1 million dollars has been set aside to help the growing call of food banks. I suppose the people of the church do care.

Would you make a food donation to this worthy group?

Learn more about them here:
http://www.kofc.org/eb/en//index.html

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 12:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:17 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• IM sorry but just because a group is closly tied to a religon does not mean that the RELIGION is the one to blame.
    There are ALOT of Klan members taht are baptist and mormon do you blame those religions too for their acts?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• i thought the OP meant that in a sarcastically humorous way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I did mean it in a sarcastic way! Haven't you seen how Catholics get bashed on here?

I didn't say anything about the KLAN. I was talking about the Knights of Columbus. They are a wonderful group that does a lot of charitable things for people regardless of faith.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:56 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• LOL Knights of Columbus... is not with the KLAN. Bahahaha

I would donate to them but they do not have a facility in Alaska.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:04 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• MAAAAANNN...you gotta get them EVIL Catholics yourspecial...between THIS and the NINETY CENTS on the DOLLAR that goes STRAIGHT to those in NEED through Catholic Charities this church should be BANISHED!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• ******^^^^^^ALSO sarcasm! :)
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• My Dad used to be a member of KoC... I donate every time I see them.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 1:43 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Sounds pretty evil to me...
    I'd definitively donate!
    ~E
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Yup, evil to want to help people without government involvement. I wonder how many secular progressives would walk past a Catholic Church food pantry if their children were starving?
    yourspecial~Yes. I am not catholic, but I do donate to our catholic church's (also part of the KOC) food pantry. the Catholic church in our direct community is the largest church and the most active in the community... Of course I live in a community where churches are still allowed be a part of the community. Every week at least one church had a free dinner for the entire community... They ALL worked together to make sure no one was turned away... Methodist, Baptist, Catholic, Unity.... All working together to help the community. My little suburb of a larger city may not be much, but at least we work together.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2009