Any good preschool, teaching, game, websites?

it was too pricey for me to get my twin 4 year olds into preschool. i just found out that my girls are going to have to know how to spell their name when they start kindergarten next year. i work part time outside of the house and will try my best to teach them on my own time. i would like on my days off to let them play on the computer with preschool associated websites. i just tried to check out playhouse Disney preschool time. you have to pay to become a member. that wasn't my problem. i was considering signing up. the problem was that for some reason my computer didn't meet the PC requirements.
i was wondering if any moms with children around the same age had any suggestions on websites they let their kids play on besides playhouse Disney? or any suggestion that would help me teach my kids how to write their name since I'm a little behind and if i could have gotten them in preschool would have started months ago

bikerchickmommy

Asked by bikerchickmommy at 12:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=30&e=playandlearn&ccat=play_and_learn

http://www.starfall.com/

Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• OMG - there are TONS. I could post pages worth of lists... but it'll be way easier for you to check the Happy Homeschoolers group. They're all there.

www.starfall.com is probably the BEST free site for learning to read, though.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• wow, thank you ladies!!! i just checked out starfall.com. I LOVE IT!!! i just can't say it enough and appreciate that you responded to my question. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!
    bikerchickmommy

Answer by bikerchickmommy at 1:05 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• PBSkids.org is also a good one...or nickjr.com...both of those have excellent games
    If you want to print out things for the kids to do, try enchantedlearning.com - they have worksheets, etc.
    I also like buying workbooks (so to speak) from WalMart or Walgreens that are age appropriate & they are $3-4...helps them w/letters, writing, activities...they have levels from preschool to kindergarten/first grade, etc.
    FL_momof2

Answer by FL_momof2 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 3, 2009