Pagan Sisters in spirit

I'm curious as to how many of you non-Wiccans acknowledge and celebrate (in some way) the full moon?

Also, does there ever happen to be a time where you just feel like getting up and doing magick? Or dance to some good ol' magickal tunes? Or whatever it is you like to do? How often does this happen to you?

I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving and that the upcoming Yule/Winter Solstice brings everyone brightest blessings.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:30 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• "During full moons I have a heck of a time sleeping. I have the urge to go sit outside all night or something. Like a surge of energy or something. Is it just me?"

I am right there with you pnwmom!! I love to go out and "moon bathe", I can feel the power/energy in the moon light going right thru me!! ;o)
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 2:18 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I get that feeling a lot. I will usually light a candle and incense and crack open my books and write in my book of shadows. Sometimes just opening my Magicakal cabinet makes me want to go outside for a moonlit stroll. Hey remember new years eve is a Blue Moon....very special time of year.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:33 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• The crisp air really brightens my spirit. walking with the Mother Goddess in the fallen leaves is a daily treat for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I dance on a regular basis, its kind of a morning ritual thing for exercise. I dance and stretch while I listen to music. And I am a firm believer in Western astrology so I often know what sign the moon is in. I personally like the new moon better than the full moon. A don't particularly celebrate the new moon tho. Maybe a "happy new moon" on my myspace status but that is about it.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:47 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• During full moons I have a heck of a time sleeping. I have the urge to go sit outside all night or something. Like a surge of energy or something. Is it just me?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:53 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• good time to charge our tools up. wonderful moon tonight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• There is a blot for each full moon, and some fall with new moons. The first day of Yule is the 16th - the new moon nearest the solstice.
    But no, can't say I ever get the urge to dance around or do magick.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:21 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I am always dancing around the house. Yes, the moon is lovely to me and I celebrate in some way all the time. I am always communicating with the Goddess, and yes, I do chant little "spells" here and there. I am also researching kitchen witchery. I've always loved that kind of stuff, and have already put together a few things. Ginger Healing Oil is great!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I do most of my spellcraft according to the moon cycles whenever possible. It is an important symbol for me of the goddess within ME. I like to stand outside in the moonlight and offer dried flowers to that symbol. I love to go out and dance in the rain. It's like a compulsion. I love rain and can't help myself.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:59 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

• Got my Circle coming over Friday night for The Chocolate Ritual

And I often dance to Murphy's Magick Mess, Sundays from 9-11am on KZUM

MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 3, 2009