Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Type of Divorce? (piog)

My husband and I are not fighting AT ALL..We just are no longer in love.I will be moving to California and our girls will stay with him. We want to share them. I dont want any money and he doesnt want child support. All we want is the divorce..nothing fancy..a simple bye lol..

ATM he is deployed and will be back in FEB but we would like to get things started asap..


Answer Question

Asked by ryanlynn at 12:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 16 (2,799 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • why are they staying with him? im happy but if anything went wrong my son is coming with me noway i will ever leave him,are u trying to play single and not a mom anymore because unless you are gonna work 24/7 nothing is making sense here.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • There are residency requirements for divorce. You need to check on that if you are planning on moving to another state.

    How can you leave your children? You can't share them if you are moving to another state and they are staying with him. How you share them is you live 2 miles apart. That way the kids can be involve in typical kid activities, they won't have to be going from one city or one state to another because the parents won't live in the same place.

    You can't just say you don't want money and he doesn't want child support. The settlement has to be fair and approved by the court. Child support is for the children and in most states and most cases it is mandatory. There are charts that are used to calculate how much is paid.


    Answer by Gailll at 12:55 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • Thats all we want to do...My husband and I are very simple.

    im not a bad mother in anyway for leaving my daughters with a great dad..and im not just LEAVING them..I need to work on getting a home to bring them to..So i can have them..How can I take them and have no home or food for them?

    Thanks for nothing answers

    Answer by ryanlynn at 1:16 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • I think it's called a no fault divorce. I think you only get child support if you file for it, as well as alimony. I don't think you are a bad Mother. My oldest lived w/her dad when we split(she was 4) and lived w/him till she graduated High School. It worked for US and that is all that matters is what works for YOUR FAMILY...........good luck...........

    Answer by tiggerabba at 1:25 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • Don't let anyone make you feel bad for letting him have the girls first stay. Just because you have the uterus doesn't mean you're supposed to take them first. You reached an agreement. My parents had joint custody of me and my bro. My mother wasn't bad for letting us go with my dad, he is after all my father and had every right to have us too. As does their' father. Anyway, uncontested divorce, through a lawyer, cheap (about $500) and simple, you both hammer out an agreement and sign on the dotted line. It also varies state by state, some states require you to see judge and the judge may order required marriage counseling before considering granting the divorce. Call a divorce lawyer and explain, it's call "Uncontested Divorce" Good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • It doesn't matter how simple you and your husband are. You still have to go by what the courts say even with a no fault divorce. Even if you share a lawyer the settlement has to be fair to be approved by the court. One of the reasons it is that way is to protect one person from making the other person agree to something because of threats. Even if one person cheats the settlement has to be fair.

    I am from Indiana and it is very hard to leave Indiana when you are divorced. You aren't supposed to take your child out of the state for any reason or it's kidnapping. There would have to be something special set up to see a parent living out of state. Most of the courts think parents should stay in Indiana until the children are 18 or 21. Counseling Psychology was my doctoral minor and I took all these classes in marriage counseling and mediating and a course in divorce law. Each state has its own laws.

    Answer by Gailll at 1:44 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • imo i think i would wait and work things out while i save money,i think he can be great but those lil girls will need their mom,omg i couldnt just leave especially because they are girls ,oh lord i couldnt. just stay and have separete lives and save money,i see ur mad about the other comment but i dont read anything about you comming back in your post so im a little confused.good luck :)

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • You do what you need to do, mama. Hope it all works out for you!!

    Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 3:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • You can file for an uncontested divorce, on your own, w/o lawyers, since you are parting on good terms. You can get the paperwork online at (follow link)


    Answer by Pnukey at 1:06 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

  • I dont WANT to leave them..I just need to get my high school done because i never finished..and need to work on a job...I want to be able to be a person who doesnt have to depend on her husband anymore.

    Answer by ryanlynn at 1:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.