Awkward?

So my daughter's first birthday is 1 10 10!

Biggest deal since her birth of course...

We don't have many couple friends or any other babies that she hangs out with except kids at the library...

And she really likes them, specially this one little boy, but anyways, its it weird to invite them to her 1st birthday?

I don't want the parents to feel awkward but I don't want her birthday party to just be a bunch of adults I think the kids should be able to have fun too...

Any advice?

I'm new at this!

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:22 AM on Dec. 3, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1st birthdays are for family. Invite one "friend" if you want, but don't expect them to stay long (they won't know anyone else). Plan it for yourself and for your family, though... your babe won't know if she has any kids there her age or not, she'll be too busy getting attention from all the adults!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:41 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• I agree with the first poster...

I made a huge deal about my oldest's 1st birthday (she'll be 6 in a few weeks). I invited my friends and their kids. We had a great turnout, but honestly - that party wasn't for anyone but me. My dd was overwhelmed and exhausted. She had a good time but it was a big waste of money.

With my younger 2 - both of their 1st birthday's consisted of family and cousins. It was so much better.
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 1:46 AM on Dec. 3, 2009

• im sure ur family have good friends with kids her age, with my babys 1st birthday we didnt have any kinds except 10yr olds.put on invites that they can bring a guest.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:51 AM on Dec. 3, 2009